Friday, May 25, 2018

SQF revisited - Yellow Mama

Yellow Mama publishes hardboiled, horror, noir, psychological/horror, cutting edge, and literary fiction to 3500 words. The editor also accepts flash fiction to 700 words.

SQF: What are the top three things you look for in a story and why?

Cindy Rosmus: Not to come off as a snob, but I love getting a story that reads like I wrote it, myself: a fast-paced, pull no punches story with an edge. I prefer stories 2500 words and under, because many of my own fall within that word count. Professional presentation of manuscripts is a MUST. I can’t stress that enough. Don’t send me what reads (and obviously looks) like a first draft. Indent your paragraphs, punctuate your dialogue. I also look for a “balanced” story where in the end, all loose ends are tied up. And I just love kick-ass closing lines.

Read the original interview here

No comments:

Post a Comment