Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Welcome to Six Questions For . . .

In response to a post on my personal blog, a reader suggested I publish a series of interviews in which editors "list, in excruciating details, all that each editor desires in his/her stories." Wow. What a great idea. Not only does this provide authors with specific information about what editors are looking for in the submissions they receive, it offers editors a venue for advertising their publications and getting the word out about what, in their opinion, constitutes "good writing."

I began the process of contacting editors of online magazines in late October. The response, so far, is encouraging. In subsequent months, I will expand the scope of this project to include print-only magazines, book publishers, agents, educators, and, possibly, writers.

The first Six Questions For . . .  post is scheduled for December 1.

If you are an editor or publisher and would like to participate in this project, please contact me at If you’re an author and have a question you’d like answered, please send it to me at the above address.

I’ve provided a number of ways for readers to receive updates from the site -- as a follower, through an RSS feed, or via a Feedburner e-mail subscription. You don’t need to wait for the first post to register. Do it now!

Whatever you decide, don’t forget to come back on December 1 to read the first Six Questions For . . . post. I've read it and know you will find it enlightening.


  1. This sounds like a terrific idea - I will be following...

  2. Jim, this is a great way to educate writers. I've added it to my blog.

    Hugs from Sue

  3. Thanks for the link, Sue. Good luck with your new blog.